Delahaye introduced their 4.5-litre model 175 in 1948. This 175S incorporated Dubonnet engineered suspension and a beefed up engine.
This car was bodied by Franay, a prominent French coachbuilder.
Delahaye was taken over by Hotchkiss in 1954. Soon after they shut down automobile production, dropped the Delahaye name, and brought to a close this famous chapter of French automotive history.